Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Outrunning The Horde, pt. 3

October 19th, 2011, P.R.

Third time running, and it's become much easier!

The first time, I would stop quite frequently to catch my breath, but this time around I think I only had to take half the breaks from when I started. I was able to run longer before I broke a sweat, and when I did I felt like I could have gone on longer than I did.

I also realized that, if this is going to work, I'm going to need to change my diet.
My diet beforehand consisted of "whatever I could get my hands on" with a side of "whatever the candy machines dispense", and I never used to eat breakfast.

I've started by eating breakfast. It has, thus far, consisted of a boiled egg mashed in a bowl with a spoonful of mayonaise and pinch of pepper, spread on a toasted bagel-half. It's incredibly cheap (a dozen eggs will last me two weeks), completely filling and satisfying, and quite delicious!

I've also started drinking a lot less coffee. I would've cut coffee out completely, but there is that nasty caffeine addiction I've yet to kick.

The jogging helps with the drinking of less coffee. See, after you exercise, your blood is pumping through your veins and wakes you up. It actually feels good, and doesn't have any side-effects like too much coffee might. The problem is that, without that precious caffeine, you'll start to go into withdrawal, which, for me, means headaches. So once a day, I'll either have a coffee as soon as the aches set in or a Coke Zero.

Oh, I've also stopped drinking Coke and other soft drinks. I've cut out a lot of sugar and started eating more fish, which is good for the brain.

That's right, zombies! Not only am I going to be hard to catch, but my brain is going to be more delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment